Creating an editorial content type
This topic explains how to create an editorial content type in Brightspot.
To create an editorial content type:
- Click > Admin > Content Types.
- In the Content Types widget, click New.
- In the Name field, enter a name for this content type.
- From the Sites list, select the site to which this content type applies, or leave blank to apply it to all sites.
- Assign an icon to the content type by doing the following (if you do not assign an icon, Brightspot uses ):
- Identify the icon you want to use from the list of material icons at Icons - Google Fonts.
In the Icon field, enter the name of the icon you selected. Use only lower-case letters, and replace any spaces with an underscore. Brightspot provides a preview of the icon, indicating you entered the icon name correctly. See the following example.
- Under Items, click , and select one of the field types.
- Complete the form for the selected field type. (The following sections describe how to configure the available field types.)
- Repeat steps 6–7 to add additional fields.
- Rearrange the fields by dragging them into the order you want them to appear in the content edit form.
- Click Save.