Creating an editorial content type
This topic explains how to create an editorial content type in Brightspot.
To create an editorial content type:
- Click > Admin > Content Types.
- In the Content Types widget, click New. A content edit form appears.
- From the Sites list, select the site to which this content type applies, or leave blank to apply it to all sites.
- In the Name field enter a name for this content type.
- Under Items, click , and select one of the field types.
- Complete the form for the selected field type. (The following sections describe how to configure the available field types.)
- Repeat steps 4–5 to add additional fields.
- Rearrange the fields by dragging them into the order you want them to appear in the content edit form.
Assign an icon to the content type by doing the following (if you don't assign an icon, Brightspot uses ):
- Identify the icon you want to use from the list of material icons at Icons - Google Fonts.
Under Developer, in the Icon field, enter the name of the icon you selected. Use only lower-case letters, and replace any spaces with an underscore. Brightspot provides a preview of the icon, indicating you entered the icon name correctly. See the following example.
- Click Save.