Brightspot’s preview pane displays how your content appears on a specific date. You can use the preview pane to view an item in different media and in different contexts, as well as to share an item’s preview.
To open or close the preview pane:
- In the Editorial toolbar, click .
The following features are available in the preview pane, although your version of Brightspot may have different features.
- Share—Displays the current preview in a new browser tab. You can share the preview’s URL.
- Date picker—Displays the item selected in the Context picker as it will appear on the selected date. For example, if you scheduled different versions of the item for publication at different dates, and you select May 31, 2019 in the Date picker, the preview pane displays the item as it will appear on May 31, 2019.
- Media picker—Displays the preview as it appears in various media, such as a desktop browser, a tablet in landscape orientation, or a tablet in portrait orientation.
- Context picker—Displays the preview as it appears in the context of a referencing item. For example, if a headshot is referenced by an author’s bio, selecting the bio in the Context picker shows how the headshot appears in the context of the bio.
Brightspot’s Mirror Preview feature generates a URL that you can paste into a mobile device’s browser so you can preview the item before actually publishing it. The URL displays a preview of the item in the content edit page.
To preview content with Mirror Preview:
- (On devices other than an iPhone) Install a QR code reader app on the tablet or phone, and start the QR code reader.
- In Brightspot, in the header, click your username. A menu appears.
- Click Mirror Preview. A widget appears with a QR code.
- Using the mobile device, scan the QR code. The QR code contains a URL that mirrors your Brightspot session.
- Depending on the QR code reader you are using, open the URL or paste the URL into a web browser.
The device’s browser displays a preview of the current item in the content edit page. The styling for the page is media responsive, so it may appear different from the preview that is inside Brightspot’s preview pane.