Fields for creating a role
Below are the fields for creating a role:
- Name—Name of role.
- Sites—Specifies the sites to which the role as access.
- Areas—Specifies the selections in the Navigation menu available to the role.
- UI—Specifies the available options for unlocking content.
- Types—Specifies the content types available to the role.
- Developer—Specifies developer-level features available to the role.
- Conversation Permission > Pin Posts—If toggled off, role cannot pin posts on the Conversation widget. If toggled on, role can pin posts in the Conversation widget.
- Translation > Permissions—Specifies the actions the role can apply to translation jobs.
- Site Specific Permissions—Applies site-specific permissions for the role.
Dashboard—Settings for role’s dashboard.
- None—Role sees the system-wide default dashboard.
- One Off—Role can create a customized dashboard. For details, see One-off dashboard.
- Shared—Role has access to shared dashboards. For details, see Shared dashboard.
Quick Start Settings—List of content types and assets appearing in this role’s Quick Start widget.
- None—Role sees the system-wide Quick Start widget.
Set—Role sees the specified content types in the Quick Start widget. Role also sees existing assets if any are specified in the Edit Existing Contents field.
- If you specify a content type to which the role has no access, then that content type does not appear in the Quick Start widget.
- If no content types are specified, then all content types to which the role has access appear in the Quick Start widget.
Two-factor authentication required—Setting for two-factor authentication to log in to Brightspot.
- Default—Setting is the default as set by the administrator.
- Required—All users with this role need two-factor authentication to log into Brightspot.
- Not Required—No users with this role need two-factor authentication to log in to Brightspot.
Under Content Templates:
- Global Defaults—List of default templates with which role is associated.
- Global Extras—List of extra templates with which role is associated.
- Site Specific Defaults—Configures default templates for individual sites to which the role has access.
- Site Specific Extras—Configures default templates for individual sites to which the role has access.
- Automatic Subscriptions—Notifications to which users associated with this role are automatically subscribed. For details, see Configuring automatic subscriptions.
Administrators can provide explanatory notes for fields in the New Tool Role and Edit Tool Role widgets.
Editing a role
Assigning site-specific roles