Searching for files in Slack
Depending on your version of Brightspot, you can search for and import files stored in Slack. Brightspot’s search is the same as Slack’s: you can find files whose name contains a search term, and you can find text files that contain a search term.
Brightspot can search for the files to which you have access; if you can find the file in Slack’s search, you can also find it with Brightspot.
To search for files in Slack:
- In the header, click in the search field. The search panel appears.
- Under Global Filters, select Slack File.
If this is the first time you are searching for files in Slack, do the following:
Under Slack Authentication, click Sign in with Slack. A list of permissions appears.
- Click Allow. A confirmation message appears in Brightspot.
- Click Close.
In the search text field, type a search term. Brightspot retrieves the matching files.
- Click the file to view its metadata.
- To import the file into Brightspot, click Import.