Large rich-text editor toolbar
The large rich-text editor toolbar is the default configuration that includes all rich-text elements and typically exists as the body field in asset types like article or listicle.
The following features are available in the large rich-text editor toolbar:
- Formatting: Includes bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, superscript, subscript, and clear formatting.
- Alignment: Includes left, center, and right.
- Lists: Includes bullets, numeric, right indent, and left indent.
- Hyperlink: Supports internal or external links.
- Block quote: Includes Text and Attribution fields.
- Format: Supports subhead font size.
- Embed: Supports embedding of either HTML or Iframe module inside the rich-text editor.
- Pull quote: Includes Text and Attribution fields, both of which are tiny rich-text editors.
- Paperclip: Adds a shared attachment (like a document, spreadsheet, or presentation).
Media: Supports the inclusion of the following items in the rich-text editor:
- Image: Adds a shared image. Includes Alt Text, Caption, and Credit fields.
Gallery: Includes Title Override tiny rich-text editor field and an Items field that determines which images appear. The Items field has the following options:
- Basic: Adds shared or one-off images.
- Advanced: Adds shared or one-off images and determine whether they appear in a list view or grid view.
- Use Existing: Uses an existing gallery.
Dynamic: Uses a number of options to create a dynamically populated gallery, such as the following:
- Items Per Page: Determines the number of items per page.
- Sort: Can be sorted by Newest, Oldest, or by Relevance.
- Pinned Items: Allows some images to be pinned. These images may be shared or added as one-off images. If shared, you may input Title, Alt Text, Caption, and Credit, the latter two of of which are represented by small rich-text editors. You may also choose whether pinned items are presented in a list view or a grid view.
- Time Period: Limits the gallery to images published within a determined number of days.
- Sites: Determines which sites the gallery can pull images from.
- Include All Locales: Toggles on or off whether all languages are supported.
- Tags: Includes tags whose associated images are included in the gallery.
- List (Pages): Includes an existing list of pages in the rich-text editor.
- Playlist: Includes an existing playlist in the rich-text editor.
Video: Includes an existing video in the rich-text editor. The following fields are available:
- Title: Tiny rich-text editor that auto-populates with the title of the existing video, but you may overwrite this field.
- Hide Title: Determines whether title is hidden from view.
- Description: Small rich-text editor field that you can use to enter a description for the video.
- Hide Description: Determines whether the description is hidden from view.
- Thumbnail Image: Auto-populates with the thumbnail of the video. You can overwrite this image by selecting a shared image.
- Poster Image: Auto-populates with the poster image of the video. You can overwrite this image by selecting a shared image.
- Embed: Embeds a URL, and includes Maximum Width and Maximum Height fields.
- Table: Inserts a table.
- Custom Keyboard: Opens a custom keyboard with Unicode characters.
- Track Changes: Toggles track changes on or off. If on, the following options appear in the rich-text editor: Accept Changes, Reject Changes, Accept All, Reject All, and Preview.
- Comments: Toggles comment mode on or off. If toggled on, you may type comments into the rich-text editor, which will be visible on the back end but will not appear on front end.
- Ellipsis: Hides comments in the rich-text editor.
- X: Available when comments are toggled on. An undo button that deletes most recent comment added to the rich-text editor.
- Left-facing arrow: Click to undo an action.
- Right-facing arrow: Click to redo an action.
- Magnifying Glass: Opens word search. Includes ellipsis that opens a replace function, enabling a find and replace function for words or phrases.
- Square: Opens a full-screen rich-text editing interface.
Rich-text editor toolbars
Medium rich-text editor toolbar