Restricting asset availability
Referring to the illustration in Overview of a DAM environment, subscribers log in to your site and select assets for use in their own publications. You can show or hide individual assets from the site, thereby preventing subscribers from requesting them.
To restrict asset availability:
- Search for and open the asset on the content edit page.
- Under Usage, from the Settings list, select one of the following:
- Hidden—The asset does not appear on the site, so subscribers cannot use it. Continue to step 5.
- Set—The asset appears on the site, so subscribers can use it. Continue to step 3.
- Under Approval Required, do one of the following:
- Turn off to allow subscribers to use the asset without requesting approval.
- Turn on to explicitly approve subscribers’ requests to use the asset.
- In the Expiration Date field, select an expiration date after which subscribers cannot use the asset. If you enter N/A, subscribers can use the asset indefinitely.
- Complete your site’s workflow and publish the asset.
Sharing assets from Brightspot
Managing expiring assets