Limiting a role's access to workflow transitions
You can limit a role’s access to certain workflow transitions. For example, you may want one role to do only content editing, and another role to do only proofreading.
Limiting a role's access affects all users who have the role.
To limit a role’s access to workflow transitions:
- Click > Admin > Users & Roles.
- In the Roles widget, select the role whose available transitions you want to limit.
Under Permission Settings, under Types, select All Except.
Under Restricted Types, select Content Type.
- From the Type list, select a content type.
- From the Actions list, select All Except.
- From the Type Actions list, select the transitions that you want to exclude from the role.
- Repeat steps 4–7 to add additional restrictions for content type-workflow transition combinations.
- Click Save.
Referring to the illustration in Create a custom workflow and the above illustration in step 4:
- When the role is working on an article, and
- When the article is in status Pending Review, then
- The role can only reject the article, not approve it.
- All other roles can both approve and reject the article.
Modifying a workflow