Shared vs. one-off dashboards
You can create dashboards in either a shared or one-off way.
- Shared dashboards are built once and reused in many places, like other sites, other roles, or other users.
- One-off dashboards are built once and used in one place.
Below are examples of one-off and shared dashboards:
- A writer wants to keep a link to the department's writing style guide close at hand. The writer builds a one-off dashboard and ensures that the Resources widget is included.
- A managing editor wants to give all reporters the ability to bulk upload images. The editor builds a shared dashboard for all reports that includes the Upload widget.
- A site administrator wants all sites and respective teams to have access to analytics and site search data. The administrator builds a shared dashboard at the global level and ensures that the Report and Site Search widgets are included.
Standard dashboard and widgets