Copying a site
You can create a new site by copying an existing one. This feature can save you the effort of manually configuring the new site. You can copy a site’s configuration or a site’s configuration and its content.
Copying a large number of items can temporarily degrade your site’s performance. Copy no more than 500 items using the method described in this section.
To copy a site:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings
- In the Sites & Settings widget, click the site you want to copy.
Click , located to the left of , and type
Allow Site Copy. (If you see the message
The Site Copier is turned off in Global, ask your Brightspot administrator to enable site copying.)
- Click Save.
- Click > Copy This Site.
- In the Name field, enter the new site’s name.
- In the URL field, enter the new site’s URL.
- If you want to copy the site’s settings as they appear in the Edit Site page, turn on Copy Site Settings.
Do one of the following:
- If you want to retain each copied item’s original timestamps and editors, toggle off Replace Publish Data.
- If you want to replace the original timestamps and editors with the current timestamp and editor who initiated the site copy, toggle on Replace Publish Data.
- Under Configs, mark or clear the items and settings you want to copy.
- Click Copy.
Brightspot copies the site, and the new site’s Edit Site page appears.
Creating a site
Creating site categories