Adding a rich-text field
Editors use rich-text fields to apply formatting to text. (For information about how editors use rich-text fields, see Rich-text editor.)
To add a rich-text field:
- Search for and open the editorial content type that you want to edit, or create a new editorial content type. For details, see Creating an editorial content type.
- From the Items list, select Rich Text Field.
- Under Main, in the Name field, enter a name for this field.
- From the Toolbar field, select one of the available toolbars.
(Optional) Under Advanced, do the following:
- In the Note field, enter a short explanatory note that appears in the content edit form.
- In the Character Count Minimum and Character Count Maximum fields, enter the minimal and maximal number of characters allowed in this field. Brightspot displays an error message in the content edit form if an editor enters text with length outside of this range.
- In the Suggested Minimum and Suggested Maximum fields, enter the recommended minimal and maximal number of characters for this field. Brightspot accepts the text even if it is shorter or longer than these values.
- Toggle on Required if this is a required field.
Adding a region field
Rich-text editor toolbars