Configuring the Report widget to track authorship volume and engagement
The Report widget allows you to select one or two fields to deliver granular analytics on your content. You can also select between Brightspot Analytics, Google Analytics, or simply get an aggregated content count.
To configure the Report widget to track authorship volume and engagement:
- Create or open a shared of one-off dashboard that includes the Report widget. For details, see Editing a shared dashboard.
- Using the following table as a reference, complete the fields as needed.
- Click Save.
|Heading||Enter the heading for the Report widget. This heading is visible on the dashboard.|
|Reporter||Select the format used to display the data. Feel free to experiment, however the Table format provides a very clean layout.|
|Supplier||Select Custom Grouping. This selection allows you to configure this widget to receive the granular authorship volume and engagement metrics.|
|Types||Select the content types for which you would like to retrieve data. One or more types may be selected. If no types are selected, data for all available content types will be retrieved.|
|Group By||Select how you want the data to be grouped by in the Reports widget. For example, if you want the data to be grouped by individual authors, select Authors.|
|Config||See Setting the Config, Fields, and Metrics fields below for more information on this field.|
|Fields||See Setting the Config, Fields, and Metrics fields below for more information on this field.|
|Metrics||See Setting the Config, Fields, and Metrics fields below for more information on this field.|
|Period||Select the unit of measure for the time period that the Authorship widget will display data.|
|Time Zone||Select the time zone to use for the beginning and end of the period selection you made. This field is only visible after a Period is selected.|
|Amount||Enter the number of periods for which data is reported. For instance, if you selected Past Months and you enter the number
Setting the Config, Fields, and Metrics fields
When using the Report widget to get your authorship volume and engagement analytics, you have the option to select a single grouping or double grouping. Choosing Single Grouping allows you to group your data by a single field (such as Authors). Choosing Double Grouping (such as Authors and Content Type) allows you to group your data by two fields to get a more granular view of the information. Below is a description on how to set the Config, Fields, and Metrics fields based on whether you are selecting Single Grouping or Double Grouping.
- Select Single Grouping to view your data grouped by a single field.
Select Double Grouping to view your data grouped by two field.
- Select your Secondary Group By option. This should not be the same selection you made in the Group By field earlier.
Fields and Metrics:
- Expand the Fields menu and select the supplier for your analytics data: Brightspot Analytics or Google Analytics. A third choice is available, Content Volume, that gives a simple count of the content published.
- Once the Field selection is made, the Metrics field appears. This field contains all of the metrics available to you based on your selection in the Fields field.
Select the Metric you want to be included in the Report widget.
If you chose Single Grouping, you have the option to add additional metrics to your Report widget.
- Click in the Metric field to add additional metrics to your Report widget.
- Select the same data supplier as you did earlier in the Field field. You should not mix and match data suppliers. If you chose Google Analytics in the Field field, select Google Analytics for all your subsequent metrics (unless you are using the Content Volume option, this option can be mixed with any data supplier).
- Select the additional metric.
Repeat these steps to continue to add metrics to your widget.