Configuring RSS at the site level
This topic explains how to configure RSS at the site level. As part of this configuration, you can customize the feed for the following content types: blog, homepage, live blog, page, section, or tag.
To configure RSS feeds at the site level:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings.
- In the Sites widget, select the site for which you want to configure RSS feeds, or select Global to configure RSS for all sites.
Click , located to the left of , and type
- Toggle on Disable Feed to a) prevent Brightspot from populating your site’s feed and b) remove the existing RSS feed and its previously published items. (A visitor's RSS reader may retain a previously retrieved feed.) Toggle off Disable Feed to enable a feed that you previously disabled. Brightspot restores the feed along with all associated published items.
- In the Copyright field, enter a copyright notice. This notice appears in the feed’s
copyrighttag, which not all RSS readers display.
- Toggle on Default To Atom Auto Detect to set the feed as a discoverable Atom feed. Toggle off Default To Atom Auto Detect to set the feed as a discoverable RSS feed.
- To customize feeds for specific content types, do the following (for the list of content types for which this feature is available, see RSS):
- Under Type Specific Feed Overrides, click .
- From the Types list, select one of the available content types.
- Turn on Disable Feed to prevent Brightspot from populating your site’s feeds with this feed type and to remove the existing RSS feed. (A visitor's RSS reader may retain a previously retrieved feed.)
- Turn on Render Full Content to deliver an asset's entire text—not just the title or headline—to the RSS feed as plain text.
- From the Enabled Feed Item Types list, select the content types to which these settings apply, or leave blank to apply the settings to all content types. For example, if in step b you selected Tag, you can select Article in this field so that these settings apply only to articles with a tag.
- Click Save.
Overriding RSS settings at the asset level