Injecting ads into assets
Advertising feeds help to monetize your assets. You can generate income directly from a company that generates an ad feed.
To inject ads into assets:
- Create an advertising feed. For details, see Google AdSense and Google Ad Manager.
- Search for and open the asset to which you want to add an ad feed.
- Expand Overrides > Layout Overrides.
From the Above, Aside, or Below list, select one of the following:
- Add After—Inherits the block’s modules from the parent level and adds ad space under them.
- Add Before—Inherits the block’s modules from the parent level and adds ad space above them.
- Replace—Replaces the block’s modules inherited from the parent level with ad space.
For more information about layout blocks, see Above, Aside, and Below layout blocks.
- Click .
- In the module picker, click Misc, then click Ad.
- From the Ad list, select one of your ad feeds.
- Complete your site's workflow and publish the asset.
The following illustration shows just one example of how Brightspot renders an ad.
Understanding advertising feeds
Breaking News Banner