Introduction to Assignment Desk
Assignment Desk promotes collaboration on an effort that requires the creation of multiple items by several team members for publication with varying deadlines. For example, a pitch about a celebrity’s wedding may involve one assignment covering the bride, another covering the groom, and a third covering the wedding planner. Using Assignment Desk, you can coordinate and track everyone’s efforts to produce a successful series of items covering the wedding.`
How Assignment Desk organizes content
The following diagram illustrates how Assignment Desk organizes a pitch.
In the above diagram—
- The pitch provides the theme for the entire effort. Examples of pitches include social events, product launches, and multi-faceted documentaries.
- Pitches have one or more assignments—collections of items each one pertaining to one aspect of the pitch. An assignment includes participating team members: the assignee who produces the content, the editor who oversees the content, and other team members who want to receive notifications regarding the assignment’s progress.
- Assignees generate one or more items pertaining to each assignment.
Assignment Desk features available in Brightspot
When you install Assignment Desk in Brightspot, the following features become available:
- A Team Member Role content type. For information about this role, see Creating team member roles.
- An External Team Member content type. For information about external team members, see Creating external team members.
An Assignment Desk widget in profiles so editors can associate themselves with a team member role. See Assigning team roles to Brightspot editors.
- An Assignment Desk Subscription is available. Editors can use this subscription to receive notifications when assignments or pitches are updated. See Assignment Desk’s notifications.
- A link to the Assignment Desk’s dashboard in the Navigation Menu.
Assignment Desk’s notifications
Assignment Desk adds a subscription that notifies team members of updates to pitches and assignments. Team members who subscribe to Assignment Desk and participate in a pitch or assignment receive notifications. For details, see Assignment Desk notifications.