Delivering sponsored and targeted content packages for Zonda across over 20 distinct sites with a singular, powerful content management system.
Editor's Note: In October 2020, Hanley Wood announced it would be operating under the new brand name of Zonda. This case study has been updated to reflect the rebranding.
Zonda by the numbers
The Zonda challenge
To successfully expand into a robust digital-first company, Zonda (operating as Hanley Wood prior to 2020) needed a flexible platform that could reshape its legacy print-publishing workflows, enabling it to deliver great digital experiences and create efficient editorial workflows for over 80 editors.
With a digital publishing platform that was too time-consuming and costly to maintain, Zonda partnered with Brightspot to redeploy all of its 22 distinct digital properties with a single author point.
Zonda’s platform requirements were clear; integration into its existing tech stack, multisite and multichannel capabilities, real-time analytics and reporting, and the ability to distribute and manage sponsored content and targeted content packages.
The Brightspot solution for Zonda
Brightspot enabled Zonda to manage its diverse portfolio from a single authoring point, scale content efforts, and eliminate editorial pain points. Other highlights of the next-gen CMS solution for Zonda included:
- Ability to deploy and reuse content rapidly while selectively pushing stories to print production through a single interface.
- Seamless integrations with existing systems, even those with diverse publishing ecosystems, to bring information together in new ways.
- Tailored workflows, real-time preview capabilities, centralized media galleries, image editing, editorial feed curation, email newsletter management and real-time analytics and reporting.
- New ad product and revenue opportunities by distributing and managing sponsored content and targeted content packages.
The outcome for Zonda
Brightspot has empowered Zonda to deliver sponsored and targeted content packages across 22 distinct digital properties with a singular, powerful CMS platform.
- Saved a team of 80+ editors 2-3 hours each day with new CMS publishing speed and capabilities.
- Enabled stakeholders to deploy a newsletter in as little as 12 minutes.
- Accelerated time-to-market for new experiences to two months.
- Reduced Zonda’s reliance on additional SaaS solutions, significantly reducing operating costs and increasing overall efficiency.