Release date: June 29, 2023
v4.5.17 had 30 bug fixes and 12 improvements.
- Preview-to-edit of an asset now allows editing of embedded or shared children assets.
- Deployed more intuitive field labels for the schedule builder.
- Expanded processing of
<ul>tags in the rich-text editor to accommodate export to XML format.
- Because editors write their production guides in the Guide widget, the For Editors tab no longer appears in field-level help. The question mark indicating field-level help is available appears only when the current user has developer-level permissions.
- Saved searches now preserve the Group selection for board view and the zoom setting for grid view.
- Moved the Embedded field from the Developer tab to the Main tab in the Content Type widget.
- Preview-to-edit is now streamlined for many levels of nested assets. Fields in the preview pane have multiple distinctive borders corresponding to levels of nesting. Modifying nested assets involves fewer mouse clicks.
- Editors can now drag assets from The Shelf into single-value fields such as Lead and Section.
- Added a cron expression builder to the Google Analytics 4 integration.
- Plyr and Crosslinker now retrieve associated resources directly from the configured content delivery network (CDN) instead of via Brightspot.
- After a transient and recoverable database error, Brightspot now attempts to re-connect and read API calls.
- Improved the performance of the method
ViewMap#getViewClasses. This improvement will reduce the time to render assets on the front end.
Significant defects addressed
- Corrected an issue that caused text in the Unpublished Drafts widget to overflow cell borders on Safari.
- Corrected an issue that caused incorrect placement of the icon for resetting dashboard column widths.
- Corrected an issue that caused some fields in the content edit form to appear in more than one place in preview-to-edit.
- Corrected an issue that caused lost text when merging table cells.
- Corrected an issue that prevented strikethrough formatting from appearing in a content edit form's list items. For example, when adding a tag to an asset, and then deleting the tag, the strikethrough did not appear in the deleted tag's label.
Corrected an issue throwing a
ValidationExceptionerror when viewing a new image in The Shelf.
- Corrected an issue that prevented appropriate initialization of values in the content edit form, such as when changing a list from advanced to dynamic.
- Corrected an issue that prevented update of an asset's path over GraphQL CMA when the asset was created through an editorial content type.
- Corrected an issue causing deletion of a scheduled revision when the option is to replace (instead of merge with) the live version.
- Corrected an issue causing inconsistent formatting of editable fields in preview-to-edit. For example, when loading the preview pane, all the editable fields had a border, but clicking inside one of those fields caused borders around the other fields to disappear.
- Corrected an issue that prevented unscheduling an asset's variation that was scheduled for a specific audience.
- Corrected an issue that displayed Update Existing Schedule for an asset even after the asset was unscheduled.
- Corrected an issue preventing some controls from conveying to screen readers required information, such as role, state, or name.
- Corrected an issue preventing screen readers from detecting messages or status updates, such as error messages associated with fields.
- Corrected an issue causing screen readers to incorrectly announce icons or controls.
- Corrected an issue rendering a content edit form's tabs without semantic or programmatic structure.
- Corrected an issue preventing the navigation menu from receiving focus when opened; improved keyboard accessibility with the navigation menu.
- Corrected an issue in which some controls had hover-only accessibility and no keyboard accessibility.
- Corrected an issue preventing a focus indicator from appearing on various controls in the content edit page.
- Corrected an issue in which a content edit form's clusters were rendered without semantic or programmatic structure.
- Corrected an issue preventing an announcement when the content edit form's more icon changes to a close icon .
- Corrected an issue preventing an announcement when an editor creates a new workstream.
- Corrected an issue preventing an announcement when an editor adds a post to a conversation and that post mentions another editor.
- Corrected an issue preventing a scheduled asset's variations from being published. For example, if an asset had a variation for a particular audience, the audience's variation was not published on the scheduled date.
- Corrected an issue in which an asset's unpublished revision did not retain changes previously initiated by an editor.
Corrected an issue that threw a
java.lang.NullPointerExceptionerror when uploading images through the Upload widget.
Corrected an issue causing
NullPointerExceptionerrors when ingesting rich text from an external source, such as a Google Doc.
- Corrected an issue preventing the update of a preview when placing an image in The Shelf onto the content edit form.
- Corrected an issue causing an audience selector to appear in the editorial toolbar when an asset is in a workflow and before the asset is published.
- Corrected an issue causing the workflow status to appear as a UUID instead of its actual name.