Configuring an email ingestor
An email ingestor performs the following:
- Strips the signatures that some email applications automatically attach to the end of an email’s body.
- Provides the “from” address on the confirmation email Brightspot sends to an editor who submitted content via email.
To configure an email ingestor:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global. The Edit Global widget appears.
Click , located to the left of , and type
Email to CMS.
Under Mail Publisher, do the following:
- Click .
- If you want to use one of the available publishers, select it and skip to step 3j.
Click New Mail to Content Mapper.
- In the Display Name field, enter a name for this ingestor.
In the Signature Stripping Pattern field, do one of the following:
- Select Standard to select patterns that typically introduce an email signature.
- Select Custom to compose patterns that you expect to introduce an email signature.
- Select None to retain any possible signatures.
- In the Response From Email field, enter a “from” email address that Brightspot uses when sending a confirmation or error message to the editor regarding the submission. The domain name must match the Brightspot domain configured in your AWS SES (Simple Email Service). If it does not match the Brightspot domain, or is blank, Brightspot does not send confirmation emails.
- Click Save.
- Click Back.
- Select the ingestor you just created.
- Click Save.
Activating mail ingestion
Mail content mappings