Hello Content Management API
Overview of the Content Management API
The GraphQL plugin includes a configurable Content Management API endpoint type. Without any additional development work, endpoints can be created in order to expose APIs to create, read, update, and delete existing Dari records. The high level of configurability allows for quick and simple proof of concept tests.
Configuring the Content Management API
- Log in to Brightspot and open the hamburger menu.
- Under the Admin cluster, select the APIs option.
- Create a new GraphQL Management API:
- Name—used to differentiate API endpoints in the GraphQL CMS tool. It is also used to generate a default path for the API endpoint.
- Path—appended to /graphql/management/ to create the path where the API endpoint is available.
- Full Path (Read Only)—displays full path after applying logic for Path field.
- Read Types—Dari record types used to generate the schema and expose query APIs.
- Read/Write Types—Dari record types used to generate the schema and expose mutation APIs.
- Default Query Limit—default limit applied to all Dari record queries for the API endpoint. This value can be overridden via a limit argument on any query field.
- Max Query Limit—max limit of items returned from any Dari record query for the API endpoint. This limit is respected even with an overridden default limit via the limit argument on any query field.
- CORS Configuration—configuration of allowed origins and headers for the API endpoint (see Cross-Origin Resource Sharing).
- Persisted Query Protocol—option to select a specific persisted query protocol implementation for the API endpoint (see Understanding persisted queries).
- Schema Locale—locale used during GraphQL schema documentation generation.
- Paths (Read Only)—all the paths the API endpoint is available at.
- Clients (Read Only)—API clients that have access to the API endpoint.
Click Save in order to expose the endpoint.