Configuring a live stream
You can use Brightspot to stream a live event using Amazon's MediaLive service. This section describes how to configure an individual live stream.
To configure a live stream:
- Obtain the feed information from the live-stream producer. This information typically includes an Amazon Resource Name (ARN), security group ID, and permitted rules.
- Configure the AWS Elemental region as settings as described in Configuring the Amazon Elemental region.
- Configure MediaLive as described in Configuring MediaLive.
- In the header, click .
- Under Create, select Live Video , and then click New. The content edit page appears.
- In the Internal Name field, enter an identifying name.
- From Provider, select AWS Elemental. A form appears.
From the Channel list, select Create New. A New Live Channel content edit page appears.
- In the Name field, enter an identifying name.
- From the Input list, select the protocol you determined in step 1. A form appears.
- From the Input Security Group field, enter the information you determined in step 1.
- Under Live Output, enter settings for transmitting the live feed.
- Under VOD, enter settings for saving the live stream for later playback.
If you want to share this setting with your other sites, in the Sites widget, do the following:
- From the Owner list, select None.
From the Access list, select All Others.
- Click Save.
- Click Back. You return to the New Live Video content edit page.
- Complete the rest of the form.
- Complete your site's workflow.
When the live stream starts, you can record it for playback at a later time.