Adding a Microsoft app
This section explains how to add a Microsoft Teams app in both the Microsoft identity platform and in Brightspot.
Your Microsoft App may require you to define a Redirect URI in order to authenticate with a site. This URI is the domain name of your Brightspot site with
/microsoft/authappended onto it.
To add a Microsoft app:
- Register an application with the Microsoft identity platform, then copy the Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client Secret values. These values are needed to create a Microsoft app in Brightspot (described below) as well as to create an Azure Bot resource for the Microsoft Teams integration (described in Configuring Microsoft Teams).
- Log in to Brightspot.
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global.
- Click , located to the left of , and type Microsoft.
Under App, create a new Microsoft app by following the steps below:
- Click the selection field, then click Create New. A New Microsoft App content edit form appears.
- Under Name, enter a name for the Microsoft app. The name of this app is only visible in Brightspot and can be used internally to identify the Microsoft app.
- Under Client ID, enter the Microsoft Client ID copied from Microsoft in Step 1.
- Under Client Secret, enter the corresponding Microsoft Client Secret copied from Microsoft in Step 1.
- Under Tenant ID, enter the corresponding Microsoft Tenant ID copied from Microsoft in Step 1.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.
Configuring Microsoft Teams