Configuring AEM synchronization
To configure AEM synchronization:
- In AEM, create the folder you want to synchronize with Brightspot.
- To configure synchronization from Brightspot to AEM, do the following:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Global. The Edit Global widget appears.
- Under Main, expand Adobe AEM.
- From the Settings list, select Set.
- Using the following table as a reference, enter values to synchronize content from Brightspot to AEM.
- Click Save.
- To configure synchronization from AEM to Brightspot, do the following:
- Go to the AEM tools console at
- Under Tools/Replication, select Agents on author.
- Click New. A Create Page dialog box appears.
- In the Title field, enter the synchronization folder's title.
- In the Name field, enter the synchronization folder's name.
- Select Replication Agent.
- Click Create. You return to the Agents on author list.
- Double-click the agent you just created. A widget appears.
- Click Edit. An Agent Settings dialog box appears.
- Under Transport, in the URI field, enter
hostnameis the Brightspot tool URL, such as
- In the User and Password fields, enter an existing Brightspot username and password. Ensure this user has adequate permissions to create content.
- Under Triggers, mark On Modification.
- Click OK. You return to the previous widget.
- Click Test Connection. A web page appears with diagnostic messages. If the last message is
Replication test succeeded, the AEM-to-Brightspot synchronization is configured correctly.
- Go to the AEM tools console at
The following table describes the fields for configuring the Brightspot-to-AEM synchronization.
|AEM Base URL||Top-level URL for logging on to AEM, such as http://myaem.myhost.com. Do not include a trailing slash.|
|AEM Repository URL||URL to the AEM repository. This URL is typically the AEM base URL and a path, such as http://myaem.myhost.com/crx/server. Do not include a trailing slash. You can find the path by doing the following:|
|AEM Username||Username for logging in to AEM.|
|AEM Password||Password for logging in to AEM.|
|Jcr Workspace||AEM Java Content Repository. You can determine the available repositories by doing the following:|
The default workspace is typically crx.default.
|Aem Dam Root||Path to the root folder where AEM stores your assets. You can determine the AEM DAM root by examining the URL of a folder. For example, if a folder’s name is my-images, and URL to the folder is http://myaem.myhost.com/content/dam/geometrixx-outdoors, then the AEM DAM root is content/dam. Do not include a trailing slash.|
|Aem Image Folder||Name of existing folder in AEM. You can view a folder’s name and title by doing the following:|
|Aem Image Folder Titles||Title of existing folder in AEM.|
|Brightspot CMS Base URL||Brightspot tool URL, such as http://editors.mybrightspot.com/.|
|Aem Node Initializer||Initialization setting to use this integration. For most implementations, select Aem Node Default Initializer.|
If you created a synchronized item in Brightspot, you can open and modify the same item in AEM. The procedure in this section applies to content types and fields configured for synchronization between Brightspot and AEM.
To find and modify a synchronized item in AEM:
- In Brightspot, open the item in the content edit form.
- Toward the right of the form, select > AEM. A widget appears.
- In AEM, do one of the following:
- Paste the item's title into the search field.
- Paste the item's UUID into the search field.
- Navigate to the item using the AEM path.
- Modify the item in AEM, and save the changes. The changes appear in Brightspot.
If you created a synchronized item in AEM, you can open and modify the same item in Brightspot.
To find and modify a synchronized item in Brightspot:
Open the item in AEM, and observe the item’s UUID and title.
In Brightspot, do one of the following:
- Paste the item’s title into the search field.
- Paste the item’s UUID into the search field.
- Modify the item in Brightspot, and save the changes. The changes appear in AEM.