With the Marketo integration, you incorporate Marketo forms into Brightspot assets, and receive corresponding analytics reports.
To configure the Marketo integration:
- Select Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global. The Edit Global widget appears.
- Under Integrations, expand Marketo.
- Toggle on Enable Import.
- In the Fetch Size field, enter the number of forms Brightspot imports in each retrieval. You can page through all your forms as described in Incorporating Marketo forms.
- For each of your Marketo accounts, obtain the client ID, client secret, and endpoint.
- Under Accounts, do the following:
- Click . A selection field appears.
- From the selection field, select Create New. A content edit form appears.
- In the Name field, enter a name for this account.
- In the Client ID and Client Secret fields, paste the values from step 5.
- In the Endpoint Domain field, enter the endpoint’s domain from step 5. For example, if the Marketo endpoint is
https://example.mktorest.com/rest, enter the domain
- Click Save.
- Click Back. You return to the Edit Global widget.
- From the selection field, select the Marketo account you just configured.
- Repeat steps a–h to configure additional Marketo accounts.
- Under CMS, expand Advanced.
- In the Default Task Host field, enter the name of the host that runs background tasks.
- Click Save.
Brightspot saves the configuration, and ingests forms from the Marketo accounts every hour on the hour.
The following procedure describes how to incorporate a Marketo form into your site.
To incorporate a Marketo form:
- Create or open the asset to which you want to add a Marketo form.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Overrides. A widget appears.
- Expand Layout Overrides. Drop-down lists Above, Aside, and Below appear for the module’s position. For an illustration of these positions, see the diagram "Examples of module placement."
- From one of the drop-down lists, select Replace. For an explanation of the possible selections for module placement, see Setting the site layout.
- Click , and select Third Party Form. A form appears.
- From the Provider list, select Marketo.
- From the Marketo Form list, select the required form. (Brightspot ingests forms from Marketo every hour on the hour, so the form you need may not be immediately available.)
- In the Title field, enter a title. (If you do not enter a title, Brightspot uses the title in the Marketo form.)
- In the Description field, enter a description for the form.
- Leave the Items and Actions fields blank. Brightspot populates them from the Marketo form.
- In the Success Message field, design a message that appears when Brightspot successfully ingests the form’s data.
- In the Error message field, design a message that appears when Brightspot cannot successfully ingest the form’s data.
- Complete your site’s workflow, and publish the form.