Providing videos in multiple formats
Depending on your target audience, you may need to distribute videos in a variety of formats. For example, you may want to offer visitors two versions of the same video: a low-fidelity version at 50 Mbps and a high-fidelity version at 100 Mbps. Similarly, you may want to offer the same video with different resolutions, one at 1280×720 and another at 1960×1080.
Depending on your version of Brightspot, you can upload videos and automatically convert them to a variety of formats. Contact your Brightspot administrator to determine which target formats are available.
To provide a video in multiple formats:
- Create a new video as described in Submitting a video to AWS Elemental.
- Toward the right of the widget, click > Advanced.
- From the Transcoding Settings selection field, select one of the available settings, or click search to create one-off settings for this conversion. For information about configuring transcoding settings, see Configuring MediaConvert.
- From the Overlays list, select or create an overlay that appears along with the video.
- Complete your site’s workflow and publish the video.
When the conversion is complete, Brightspot lists the different formats under > Outputs.