Uploading a file for CloudConvert text extraction
You can upload a file, such as a presentation or spreadsheet, and other editors can search for the file using the file’s text. For example, if you upload a single file containing all of the adventures of Sherlock Holmes, other editors can find the file by searching on
baker streett, or
To upload a file for text extraction:
- In the header, click .
- Create a new Document, Presentation or Spreadsheet.
- In the content edit form, set the applicable fields.
- From the File field, select New Upload, and click Choose.
- Navigate to and select the file.
- Click Publish, or click save to save a draft.
Brightspot extracts the file’s text. When the extraction is complete, Brightspot displays the text and a thumbnail under the content edit form’s METADATA tab. You can modify the thumbnail by clicking Edit. For information about editing images in Brightspot, see Image preparation.
When editors search for any of the terms in the extracted text, Brightspot lists the document in the search panel.