Submitting a file to Amazon Transcribe
You can use Amazon’s Transcribe service to generate transcripts of files you upload to Brightspot. You can submit any file that contains an audio track, such as podcasts, MP3s, and videos.
To submit a file to Amazon Transcribe:
- Create a new audio, podcast, video, or other item that has an audio track.
From the Provider list, select AWS Transcribe. A form appears.
Click , and do one of the following:
- Under File, select New Upload, and navigate to a file on your laptop.
- Under File, select New URL, and paste the URL of a file.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Advanced.
Expand Transcribe, and select one of the transcription settings.
- Complete the remaining fields in the content edit form.
- Click Publish.
Brightspot sends the file to Amazon Transcribe for transcription, and receives the text a few minutes later. When editors search for keywords in the search panel, Brightspot includes in the search results those items whose transcripts include the keywords. For example, if you have a transcription of a podcast about the US Senate, editors searching for the term senate see the podcast in the search results.