Configuring Amazon Transcribe
This topic explains how to configure the Amazon Transcribe integration in Brightspot.
To configure Amazon Transcribe:
- Obtain the following from your AWS console:
- SQS queue name for the transcription service.
- Transcribe role ARN (as necessary; this role has access to the AWS Transcribe service).
- AWS region.
- Your AWS account's access key and secret access key (unless already configured for your other AWS services).
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global.
Click , located to the left of , and type
- Toggle on Enable Transcribe Service.
- Under Credentials, select one of the following:
- Default—AWS credentials are configured on the Brightspot server.
- Assume Role—Provide your AWS Role ARN from step 1 and an identifying session name for this service.
- Static—Provide the access key and secret access key you determined in step 1.
- In the Region field, enter the region to use when making requests to this AWS service.
- In the SQS Queue Name field, enter your Amazon SQS queue name from step 1.
- Under Transcribe Settings, click .
- Select an existing transcription setting, or create a new setting by doing the following:NoteThe setting you select in this step is the default for all files submitted to AWS Transcribe. You can override these settings for individual submissions.
In the content picker, under Create, click New Transcribe Settings.
- In the Name field, type a name for the setting.
- From the Language Code list, select one of the available languages, or select Default to use US English.
- To accommodate more than one voice in an audio file, toggle on Enable Multiple Speakers.
If you want to share this setting with your other sites, in the Sites widget, do the following:
- From the Owner list, select None.
From the Access list, select All Others.
- Click Save.
- Click Back.
- In the content picker, click the transcription setting you created.
- Click Save.
Submitting a file to AWS Transcribe