Configuring Microsoft Teams
This section explains how to configure Microsoft Teams in Brightspot.
To configure Microsoft Teams on Microsoft:
- Ensure that an application has been registered with the Microsoft identity platform (see Step 1 in Adding a Microsoft App). Copy and save the application's Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client Secret values.
- Create an Azure Bot resource via the Azure dashboard or Azure CLI by selecting Use existing app registration and entering your existing Client ID and Client Secret.
- Navigate to the Configuration page and provide the following messaging endpoint:
- Connect a bot to Microsoft Teams. Once connected, copy and save the address of the Open in Teams link under the Action column.
- Log in to Brightspot.
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global.
- Click , and type Microsoft Teams.
- Under Account for App Installation, the Microsoft Teams app you created will automatically populate the field.
- Under App for Team Bot, click to search for an existing Microsoft app.
- Under Teams Bot URL, select a bot by pasting the address of the Open in Teams link that you copied in Step 4.
- Toggle on Allow App Selection for Notification to allow editors to choose an app for notification in their profile. Enable this toggle in multi-tenant environments.
- Click Save.
Configuring how end-users consent to applications in Azure dashboard:
End users may not be able to grant permissions to the Brightspot app depending on the user consent settings in Azure. If users are required to submit an approval request to an admin when they sign in with Microsoft via Brightspot, you can configure how end-users consent to applications using Azure Active Directory. If you decide to allow users to consent for permission classified as low impact, add the following permissions:
Configuring Brightspot Teams App in Microsoft and Azure dashboards:
[PATH_TO_TOU_URL]with proper values. For more information, see the manifest.json references.
- Zip the files in the app directory and upload the .zip to the organization's app store. You can also manage your apps in the Microsoft Teams admin center.