Creating credentials for a Google API service
In order to configure your site to retrieve Google Analytics 4 data, you must create a service account on the Google APIs site, then create credentials using a service account key in JSON format. This topic explains how to create these credentials.
To create credentials for a Google API service:
- Navigate to https://console.cloud.google.com and sign into your account.
- In the header, select the project for which you want to create credentials. For details on creating an account, see [GA4] Set up Analytics for a website and/or app.
- Click , then click IAM & Admin.
- In the left panel, click Service Accounts.
- At the top of the page, click Create Service Account.
- Under the Keys tab, click Add Key, then Create new key, then ensure that JSON is selected.
The JSON key is downloaded to your computer.
Now that you have created credentials, return to Creating a Google API service account and continue to the next step.