Creating a cohesive brand identity for Newell Brands with rich video, compelling imagery and multichannel publishing capabilities.
By the numbers
The Newell Brands challenge
With a big merger complete, Newell’s corporate communications leaders recognized a need to digitally reflect how all the Newell Brands fit together. Its corporate site featured the standard list of must-have content: About, Brands, Investor, Press, and Careers; however, the components did not gel into a cohesive story that articulated Newell Brands’ beliefs and the good the company was doing in the community. Additionally, the site was difficult to navigate and lacked visual excitement and vibrancy.
Recognizing its website as the cornerstone of its digital presence, Newell sought to improve the experience in an effort to highlight the positive impact of the brand and its subsidiaries. Offering an innovative, fresh, and transformative digital experience required a powerful publishing platform that could support Newell’s brand storytelling needs with rich video and compelling imagery. The ideal solution would also integrate seamlessly with Newell’s external sites and applications.
When the site launched, the response from the C-suite and internal team members was exciting to watch. Everyone could easily see and understand the Newell Brands vision and story.
The Brightspot solution for Newell Brands
The Brightspot team consulted with Newell executives, as well as more than a dozen other groups, to design a site reflective of the brand. Design and development of the new website took just eight weeks to complete. In addition to establishing a collective voice for Newell’s many subsidiaries, Brightspot now allows the organization to:
- Support rich OTT video experiences and compelling imagery to take its brand storytelling efforts to the next level.
- Maintain all digital properties from one platform, thus gaining more control over digital experiences and helping to unify the brand portfolio.
- Centralize digital assets for more efficient publishing, allowing editors to view, edit, and manage assets from a single interface.
- Decrease dependence on IT by making it possible for Newell’s marketing team to create and launch new microsites quickly with easy-to-use, pre-built modules.
- Launch an iOS and Android app in a third of the time for the Coleman Get Outdoors app, thanks to the powerful combination of React Native and the Brightspot CMS.
- Create publishing efficiencies by customizing workflows and automating common editorial processes.
The Brightspot impact for Newell Brands
With Brightspot, Newell delivers a cohesive brand identity supported by rich video, compelling imagery, and multichannel publishing capabilities.