Understanding list modules
The following explainer covers the fields belonging to a list module.
- Internal Name: A required field that is used in search.
- Title: A text field that you can use to add a title to the module.
- Description: A text field that you can use to add a description to the module.
Items: Allows you to add items to the list module.
- Basic: Allows you to manually add internal pages to the list.
- Advanced: Allows you to add internal or external pages to the list. Advanced lists also allow you to override title, description, and image, as well as determine the behavior of the target after the list item is clicked.
Dynamic: Allows you to apply filters and make selections to dynamically populate the list.
- Items Per Page: Allows you to control how many results are returned per page.
- Types: Allows you to limit the asset types that display in the list. If none are selected, all will return.
- Sort: Allows you to sort a dynamic list by Newest, Oldest or Relevance.
- Pinned Items: Allows you to pin either a dynamic page result or a promo in the dynamic result set. You can program the following fields: Item (Internal, External, or No Link), Title, Description and Image Override.
- Authors: Allows you to limit the result set to a single author or multiple authors. You can also select Current Author to show results just from the corresponding author on which the item is placed.
- Time Period: Allows you to limit the returned content to that published within a number of days. This means that if you input 13 days, the result set will only show the newest content within the last 13 days.
- Sites: Allows you to limit the result set to only items published on certain sites.
- Include All Locales: Toggles whether all locales are included on this list.
- Sections: Allows you to limit the result set to a single section or multiple sections. You can also select Current Section to show results just from the corresponding section on which the item is placed.
- Tags: Allows yo to limit the result set to a single tag or multiple tags. You can also select Current Tag to show results just from the corresponding tag on which the item is placed.
- Call to Action: Allows you to insert a call to action (None, External, or Internal). Depending on selection, you can enter a URL (External) or add attributes, an anchor, and determine the behavior of the target after the call to action is clicked (Internal).
- CTA Button Text: Allows you to insert text for the button representing the call to action.
Basic List module