Some pull quotes are sentences appearing in an item that are also set aside with a large typeface. Other pull quotes are quotations from famous works or people that help attract a visitor’s attention to the item.
(The following procedure describes how to add a pull quote as a component in a page. For information about embedding a pull quote inside the rich-text editor, see "Embedding pull quotes" in Positioning enhancements in the rich-text editor.)
To create a pull quote:
- In the content edit page, open or create the item to which you want to add a pull quote.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Overrides. The Overrides widget appears.
- Expand Layout Overrides. Drop-down lists Above, Aside, and Below appear for the module’s position. For an illustration of these positions, see the diagram in the Module overview topic.
- From one of the drop-down lists, select Replace. For an explanation of the possible selections for module placement, see Setting the site layout.
- Click , and select Pull Quote. A form appears.
- In the Quote field, paste a sentence or two from your item.
- In the Attribution field, enter the name of the person or work to whom the quote is attributed.
- (Optional) In the Attribution Image field, add an image. Your form looks similar to the following:
- Click Publish.