A search module provides a text field for entering search terms. When a visitor enters terms in the search module, Brightspot retrieves published content containing those terms. A search module can have a icon or a prompt.
To add a search field:
- In the content edit page, open or create the item to which you want to add a search module.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Overrides. The Overrides widget appears.
- Expand Layout Overrides. Drop-down lists Above, Aside, and Below appear for the module’s position. For an illustration of these positions, see the diagram in the Module overview topic.
- From one of the drop-down lists, select Replace. For an explanation of the possible selections for module placement, see Setting the site layout.
- Click , and select Search. A form appears.
- In the Placeholder field, enter the prompt to appear in the search field.
- Click Publish.