A page is an informational asset that rarely changes. You can use pages to display messages, such as when an asset is not found (error 404) or when your site is temporarily unavailable for maintenance (status 503).
To create a page:
- In the header, click .
- From the Create list, select Page. A content edit page appears.
- Enter text for Display Name (the name that appears in the published site) and optionally Internal Name (the name that appears throughout Brightspot).
- Toggle on Hide Display Name if you do not want the Display Name to appear on the published site.
- For Description, use the rich-text editor to enter text.
- Under Lead, click to add a one-off module, or click to add a shared asset (including a shared module).
- Under Contents, click to add a one-off module, or click to add a shared asset (including a shared module).
- Click under Section or under Package to add this page to an existing section or package.
- (For pages assigned to error 404) In the URLs widget, clear Generate Permalink. Removing permalinks from an error 404 page avoids soft 404 errors.
- Complete your site’s workflow and publish the page.