A section is a collection of similar items on a site. The landing page for a section typically lists some of the many items in a section, such as the most popular or most recent. At the enterprise level, sections often have navigation that help a visitor discover more content in the section.
To create a section:
- In the header, click .
- From the Create list, select Section. A content edit page appears.
- Enter text for Display Name (the name that appears in the published site) and optionally Internal Name (the name that appears throughout Brightspot).
- Toggle on Hide Display Name if you do not want the Display Name to appear on the published site.
- In the Description field, use the rich-text editor to enter text.
- If you are creating a subsection, from the Parent selection field, select a page or section under which this subsection appears in your published site.
- Create a navigation to items associated with the section. For details, see Navigation.
- Under Lead, click to add a one-off module, or click to add a shared asset (including a shared module).
- Under Contents, click to add a one-off module, or click to add a shared asset (including a shared module).
- Complete your site's workflow and publish the section.