Importing Google Drive files as DAM assets
You can import Google Doc and Google Sheet files as general digital assets in Brightspot. This is helpful if you want to better manage your digital assets and make them available for download to your organization. For details, see Digital asset management.
To import Google Drive files as DAM assets:
- In the header, click the search field to open the search panel.
- Under Global Filters, in the Any Content Type filter, select Google Drive File.
- Click the title of the Google Doc or Google Sheet you want to import into Brightspot.
- Under the Converter list, depending on which Google Drive file you clicked, select one of the following:
- Google Doc to Asset—Imports the Google Doc as a general digital asset.
- Google Drive File to Asset—Imports the Google Sheet as a general digital asset.CautionAs imported files approach or exceed 100MB, there is an increased possibility of a timeout occurring. For best results, reduce the file's size before initiating an import.
- Click Import.
- Once imported, you can refresh the page to view the new asset's content edit page and make changes accordingly.