Importing Microsoft Drives documents as DAM assets
You can import Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents as general digital assets in Brightspot. This is helpful if you want to better manage your digital assets and make them available for download to your organization. For details, see Digital asset management.
To import Microsoft Drives documents as DAM assets:
- In the header, click the search field to open the search panel.
- Under Global Filters, in the Any Content Type filter, select Microsoft Drives File.
- Click the title of the Microsoft Drives document you want to import into Brightspot.
- From the Converter list, select Microsoft Drives File to Attachment.
- Under the Import Type list, depending on which document you clicked, select one of the following:
- Attachment File—Imports the Microsoft Drives document as an Attachment in Brightspot.
- Document—Imports a Word document as a Document in Brightspot.
- Spreadsheet—Imports an Excel document as a Spreadsheet in Brightspot.
- Presentation—Imports a PowerPoint document as a Presentation in Brightspot.
- Click Import.
- Once imported, you can refresh the page to view the new asset's content edit page and make changes accordingly.