Release date: March 31, 2022
v4.2.29 had 43 bug fixes and 12 new features.
- The sorting in the content picker is now more intuitive; the sort is by descending update date.
- The commenting function in the rich-text editor was enhanced to allow for expanding and collapsing comments, displaying @-prompts, and inserting a comment after a region of selected text.
- The RestManagementAPI class now supports sorting.
- The GraphQL editor now allows queries and updates associated with one site to access content associated with another site (subject to permissions).
- The performance of the copy job from MySQL to Solr was significantly improved.
- The GraphQL Explorer now hits client-side endpoints instead of server-side endpoints.
- In the rich-text editor, pressing Shift+Enter inserts a single
<br>line break, and pressing Enter inserts two consecutive
- A performance improvement reduced the use of parallel streams when examining StorageItems on AWS S3 servers.
- The performance of GraphQL validation of non-persisted queries was significantly improved.
- The task ScheduleFilter no longer increments the run count when it is not running on the configured task host.
- The graphql-java library was upgraded to version 17.
Significant defects addressed
- In some scenarios, a custom content edit widget was not rendered on the back end. This defect has been addressed.
- Due to a permissions problem, editors who clicked on the link
View all x referencesin the References widget received an error
Request URI Too Long. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, the Scheduled Events widget displayed an incorrect date or incorrect assets for a particular date. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, a regression error caused oEmbed requests to return a status code 403. This defect has been addressed.
- Prior to this release, an editor with an assigned role could not view archived sites in Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites. Starting with this release editors can see archived sites (subject to other permissions).
- Due to a regression error, some UUID fields appeared as their JSON representations instead of the actual value. This defect has been addressed.
- Boost algorithms in front-end search could lead to parse exceptions on the Solr server. This defect has been addressed.
- In classes that implement
DynamicField, calling the method
#setHidden(false)did not display the field on the content edit form. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, the Scheduled Activity widget did not render correctly in the dashboard. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, performing an otherwise valid SAML authentication generated an error message. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, when pasting text from Microsoft Word into the rich-text editor, and that text included a hyperlink, only the link address was pasted, not the label associated with the link. This defect has been addressed.
- When using the two annotations
@ToolUi.Placeholderon a single field, the placeholder text did not appear. This defect has been addressed.
- When pasting tables from Microsoft Word into the rich-text editor, the table overflowed into the preview pane. This defect has been addressed.
- When using the three annotations
@ToolUi.RichTexton a field, the editor's updated text did not persist as WIP and the value returned to the placeholder text. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, when inserting an asset into a workflow, the content edit form displayed a UUID instead of a workflow status. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, a site's theme caused the content edit page for creating a Page to display incorrectly. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, words with different character formatting lost the spaces between the words. For example, formatting such as Headless CMS caused the space between the two words to disappear. This defect has been addressed.
- In the rich-text editor, moving an enhancement between two paragraphs eliminated the blank paragraph that was before the enhancement, causing two paragraphs to appear as one. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, instances of a class extending
Alteration<T>did not did not render correctly in the content edit form. This defect has been addressed.
- Starting with this release, edits made in the live version do not impact locking on a new, unpublished revision. For example, Editor A starts a new revision of a published asset. Simultaneously, Editor B edits the live version, modifies some fields, and publishes. In the new revision, Editor A no longer sees that the fields modified by Editor B are locked.
- Prior to this release, unpublished assets added to the Quick Start widget were not retained after clicking Save. This defect has been addressed, and now those assets are saved to the Quick Start widget.
- The Author selection field no longer obscures selected authors.
- Corrected an issue causing dashboard widgets to display a
Can't rendererror message.
- GraphQL nested lists, similar to Java's
private List<List<List<String>>> getNested()are now supported in CMA models and CDA view models.
- Corrected an issue causing a field to flash when the field has dynamic behavior.
- A change to the class
HtmlEmbedremoved the uniqueness constraint from
internalName. Projects should review code to ensure this does not cause any run-time errors.