Release date: December 16, 2021
v4.2.26 had 56 bug fixes, 2 new features, and 3 improvements.
- Editors can now export search results using the same sort as in the search panel.
Significant defects addressed
- Prior to this release, if the Brightspot server generated multiple Content-Security-Policy fields for a response header, only one of them was sent to the client. Starting with this release, the server sends all generated Content-Security-Policy fields.
- In some scenarios, an error occurred when an SVG image had a decimal point in the rendered height or width attributes. This defect has been addressed.
- A regression error prevented Brightspot from populating fields with placeholder text (when available), or Brightspot displayed them incorrectly. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, specifying an oembed format for Brightspot output failed to generate output. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, a content search did not account for assets included in other assets (such as authors included in articles). This defect has been addressed.
- When using an advanced list to create a lead, clicking to swap one module for another generated an error. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, Brightspot generated URLs with two terminating slashes instead of one. Starting with this release, when a URL ends with a slash, it ends with a single slash.
- In some scenarios, permanently deleting a draft caused the dashboard's Unpublished Drafts widget to display an error. This defect has been addressed.
- Prior to this release, with the sticky search feature enabled, changing a search criterion caused the entire search panel to refresh (instead of refreshing only the existing search results). Starting with this release, changing a search criterion with sticky search enabled refreshes only the search results.
Prior to this release, when a client made a call to a GraphQL endpoint and one of the following is true:
- The X-API-KEY field contained an invalid credential.
- The X-API-KEY field contained a valid credential, but the request was outside the permission for that credential.
- In these cases, the endpoint incorrectly returned a status code of 200 (even though the response body described the actual error). Starting with this release, the endpoint returns status code 401 for the first case, and 402 for the second case.
- In some scenarios, a page containing a list rendered incorrectly in the preview pane. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, clicking to edit an image in the rich-text editor generated an error or a faulty preview. This defect has been addressed.
- In some scenarios, restoring an archived asset displayed a confirmation in the content edit form, but the asset was not actually restored. This defect has been addressed.
- An editor creates an asset, and in the RTE creates a link to a second asset. Subsequently, an editor deletes the second asset's permalink. In this scenario, editing the link in the first asset and then saving generated an error. Starting with this release, editors can edit and save the outdated link in the first asset's RTE without generating an error.
- Prior to this release, extraneous spaces between HTML tags were interpreted as a new pair of tags. For example
<li>Hello</li> <li>there</li>was rendered as
<li>Hello</li><li></li><li>there</li>. Starting with this release, whitespace between HTML tags are ignored.
- An editor starts a new asset, turns on track changes, and pastes text into the RTE. Prior to this release, the RTE considered the pasted text as an edit, not as a tracked change. Starting with this release, pasting text in this scenario is a tracked change.
- In some scenarios, an invalid entry in the content edit form generated multiple and identical error messages. This defect has been addressed.
- Corrected an issue in which adding assets to the top of a list displayed the add icon at the bottom of the list.
- Corrected a regression error that made the image hotspot editor unresponsive.
- Corrected an error that threw a duplicate-entry error message after saving a parent asset that contained one-off child assets.
- Corrected an issue in which the list of tabs in the content edit form (displayed by clicking ) did not fit inside the widget containing the list.
- A fix to editorial content types required applying an index to the field
ContentType.name. Projects using editorial content types must re-index all associated objects to avoid run-time errors.