Release date: July 31, 2023
v4.5.18 had 33 bug fixes, two improvements, and one new feature.
Significant new feature
- The Authorship widget pulls its data from Google Analytics 4.
- The search panel's board view now has an Is Missing column. When grouping found assets by a field (such as Section), those assets without an assigned section appear in their own column. Editors can set the missing section by dragging the assets to the appropriate column.
- Added a
screen-reader-onlyclass for styling elements that are visually hidden but spoken by assistive technologies.
Significant defects addressed
- Improved presentation of chart axes to screen readers, and added an outline to any element with focus.
- Added keyboard accessibility to workflow creation.
- Added announcements for various toggles.
- Removed announcements for elements that are hidden from the visible screen.
- When selecting > Workflows, focus no longer jumps to the New Workflow > Name field.
- Added keyboard accessibility to workflow controls (Workflow , Publish Override, more icon in Revisions widget).
- Added keyboard accessibility to the controls in a workflow's Actions widget (such as Add Status and Add Transition).
- Added focus to fields after clicking the controls Publish Override, Back to Workflow, Compare to Live, and Back (when comparing revisions).
- Added focus to fields after clicking the controls Post, Save, and Delete Permanently in the Conversation and Edit Post widgets. Modified Conversation widget so that it updates after editing or deleting a post/reply.
- Added alt text to images and icons in the Revisions and Conversation widgets.
- Added indication to screen readers that the Content Types field in the New Workflow widget allows multiple selections.
- Added keyboard accessibility to controls in the search panel.
- Corrected an issue that caused the settings icon to appear over the close icon in the Edit Post widget.
- Corrected an issue that caused the expand all icon to appear over the reset weights icon in the Edit Dashboard widget.
Corrected an issue that threw a
NullPointerExceptionerror when adding the Lead field to search results, and when that field has a one-off image.
- Corrected an issue displaying an extraneous before error messages.
- Corrected an issue indicating changes between an asset's revisions when no such changes were made.
- Corrected an issue in which CMA mutations did not validate the passed ID against the type being modified or deleted in the request. For example, a CMA request wants to delete an article, but the passed ID refers to a page.
Corrected an issue that caused
ValidObjectFieldTypesTestto fail when attempting to save objects of type
Corrected an issue throwing an error
Invalid advanced query: Can't query [null] using [status]!in the search panel when filtering by assignment and any status in board view.
- Corrected an issue causing one of the close icons in the Edit Post widget to appear in a shade of white.
- Corrected an issue causing incorrect comparison markup when creating a scheduled replacement revision. For example, an editor opens an existing article and creates a new revision. The new revision is scheduled to replace the existing one. The editor then creates a new revision from the scheduled one. The comparison between the two revisions was incorrect.
- Corrected an issue preventing updates to fields across revisions. For example, an editor opens an existing article and creates a new revision. The editor then creates a new revision from the existing one. Changes to the live version were not carried into the second revision.
- Corrected an issue causing the move icon to appear outside the associated list.
Corrected an issue causing extraneous spaces in the HTML representation of a rich-text object. For example, a tag appeared as
<ul class="something">(two spaces after the
- Corrected an issue causing names in the Watchers widget to appear in a separate list.
- Corrected an issue preventing Brightspot icons from appearing correctly in Safari.
- Corrected an issue preventing display of AWS Comprehend suggestions.
- Corrected an issue causing degraded performance during cache replication.
- Corrected an issue allowing a user to see a dashboard without appropriate permissions. Specifically, User A is assigned to a role that excludes the dashboard. When User B impersonates User A, User B sees the dashboard.
- Corrected an issue preventing editors from clicking and editing nested rich-text fields inside preview-to-edit.
- Corrected an issue causing an error when replacing a scheduled draft with a subsequent scheduled draft.
- Corrected an issue causing the browser tab to slow or freeze when attempting to edit a field.