Release date: March 30, 2023
v4.2.42 had 60 bug fixes and 6 improvements.
- Removed numeric sorting of possible statuses in the Workflow widget. Sorting of statuses are now case-insensitive, which may not intuitively reflect the "next" status in a workflow. Administrators can force a natural sorting of the statuses by prefixing each possible status with numbers. For example, labeling statuses as
01 Fact Check,
02 Review, and
03 Proofguarantees a natural sort order in the workflow widget.
- Deleting a conversation's post now updates the listing in the Conversation cluster. Until now, editors needed to refresh the entire content edit form to update the posts in the conversation (and no longer view the deleted post).
- Thumbnails are no longer automatically generated for file types that have no inherent preview, such as .zip. Thumbnails continue to be automatically generated for all supported image files.
- After opening a sequence of widgets (such as the search panel and then Select Fields), pressing Escape closes the most recently opened widget. Users need to press Escape multiple times to close all widgets.
- Initial loading of all global content edit forms is more performant.
- Improved performance of the reloader so that it does not scan the entire code base for every page request.
Significant defects addressed
- Corrected an issue in which exporting results from the search panel using default columns did not export the default columns.
- Corrected an issue preventing an asset from being published on its scheduled date.
- Corrected an issue that suppressed the first column's heading in table reports and associated .csv exports.
- Corrected an issue in which closing the Replace All widget unexpectedly pasted text into the rich-text editor.
- Corrected an issue that caused A/B promos to disappear from the front end of published assets containing them.
- Corrected an issue causing incorrect content-type specific filters in the search panel to appear. For example, when searching for Articles, one the filters under Article Filters was Test Type.
- Corrected an issue in which the method
LazyLoadEnhancer#findRecordableClassdid not ignore unsupported static fields types.
- Corrected an issue causing the trigger
Copyable#onCopyto be fired more than once.
- Corrected an issue throwing an error
Query took too long to execute!when selecting more than 50 users in the search panel and then clicking the hotdog menu .
- Corrected an issue causing an incorrect background color to appear in the preview pane.
- Corrected various errors in the rendering of CMS forms.
- Corrected an issue causing infinite recursion after upgrading to H2 database version 1.4.200.
- Corrected an issue causing the deprecated annotation
@ToolUi.Placeholderto ignore changes returned from the referred method.
- Corrected an issue in which, when printing the search panel's results in board view, the printed rendition actually reflected list view.
- Corrected an issue in which
Integerfields in embedded objects did not validate correctly after first publish. For example, an integer field in an embedded object is constrained with annotations
@Maximum(12). After clicking Publish for the first time, editors could enter values beyond the annotated range, and even enter non-integer values.
- Corrected an issue in which the search panel did not display correct values in certain columns when the results included mixed content types. For example, a column was blank and the corresponding values appeared in a separate column outside of the results table.
- Corrected an issue in which clicking the information icon in an image in the search panel displayed a summary widget that was empty.
- Corrected an issue causing several seconds' delay before correctly rendering the labels in a list of modules.
- Corrected an issue in which certain front-end templates, such as
Simple List - Grid, did not render assets correctly.
- Corrected an issue that prevented Editor A (with two-factor authentication configured) from impersonating Editor B (who needs two-factor authentication but has yet to configure it). Editor A can now impersonate Editor B even though Editor B has not yet configured two-factor authentication.
- Corrected an issue in which the static block in
StateValueUtilsdid not account for embedded objects as a value in a comparison predicate.
- Corrected an issue causing generation of intermediate image sizes even when such generation was disabled.
- Corrected an issue in which including the subdirectory
/_trackin a URL generated a
- Corrected an issue preventing text fields in embedded records annotated with
@DisplayGridfrom wrapping after publishing.
- Corrected an issue causing the preview pane to update several times after a single change in the content edit form.
- Corrected an issue in which, with paragraphs after a list separated by multiple line breaks (
<br/><br/>), the rich-text editor replaced those line breaks with a single line break (
<br/>), causing the paragraphs to appear as one. The rich-text editor now replaces one or more of such line breaks with a single paragraph tag.
- Corrected an issue preventing the Lead field from changing color in the content edit form to indicate it has been changed but not yet saved.
- Corrected an issue generating a
NullPointerExceptionwhen a user cancels out of the Google Drive authentication workflow (instead of completing the workflow).
- Corrected an issue that labeled copied assets as Scheduled instead of Draft.
- Corrected an issue in which
SiteMapTaskwas throwing unnecessary
- Corrected an issue in which rich text set in a font weight different from 400 was set as boldface.
- Corrected an issue in which .jpg and .png favicons configured in the Favicon field were not rendered.
- Corrected an issue in which data in the Site Search Queries widget appear outside the widget's boundaries.
- Corrected an issue in which certain back-end clusters could not be collapsed.
- Corrected an issue in which Solr faceting was limited to 100. The new limit is Java's
- Corrected an issue in which the delivery option
CMS Onlydisplayed intermittently.
- Corrected an issue in which loading a list (such as Settings > CMS > Quick View > Quick View Type Settings > Fields) was done intermittently and gave the impression Brightspot became unresponsive. Such fields remain in their original state until the data is fully retrieved from the server, and then displayed simultaneously.
- Corrected an issue that threw an error while attempting to work through a workstream containing 5,000 or more assets.
- Corrected an issue that prevented adding hyperlinks in the rich-text editor.
- Corrected an issue that retained assets in scheduled status even after the schedule itself was deleted. With this release, when a schedule is deleted, all of the associated assets are no longer scheduled.
- Corrected an issue that prevented the
@CollectionMinimumannotation from accounting for null values.
- Corrected an issue preventing previews from appearing in the module picker.
- Corrected an issue that prevented selection of a shared asset as a section's lead.
- Corrected an issue in which the system default EST/EDT time zone was used as a timestamp when restoring work in progress, even though the editor selected a different preferred time zone.
- Corrected an issue causing the theme editor's paintbrush icon to appear over the production guide's help icon .
- Corrected an issue causing links to a module having a .gif as the lead image to render the image extremely large in the back end.
- Corrected an issue causing the content edit form for galleries to be laid out incorrectly: field labels and values did not line up as expected.
- Corrected an issue preventing the production guide's scrolling to a date field when clicking on the field's help icon .
- Corrected an issue in Styleguide that caused the widget at the bottom of the right rail to appear half missing.
- Renamed the
- Corrected an issue in which updating a revision's publish date ( > Tools > Advanced Edits > New Publish Date) actually published the revision.
- Corrected an issue causing text in the rich-text editor to be saved as encoded HTML. For example, the text
This is some text with spaceswas saved as
- Corrected an issue in which, when creating a tag with a shared image as a lead, the image does not appear in the front end.
- Corrected an issue in which dynamic placeholder text (using the annotation
@DynamicPlaceholderClass) was not being applied to fields inside embedded objects.
- Sitemap generation—
- Corrected the contents of a sitemap's
<lastmode>element so that it conforms to
YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZDas specified in the W3C's Date and Time Formats.
- Corrected the value of the
xsi:schemaLocationattribute so that it points to the correct URL of a sitemap index schema.
- Corrected the contents of a sitemap's
- Corrected an issue with the GraphQL Management API form that threw an error in the Read Types field.
- Improved performance of reloader relies on the file system's watcher virtiofs. This feature is not available in Docker versions prior to 4.6. If you are running one of those earlier Docker versions, you need to disable the file system's watcher by setting