Publishing share links on social networks
This Integrations section, found in the Developer Guide, covers integrations that require developer intervention to turn on. For quick, out-of-the-box integrations offered by Brightspot, see the Integrations section in the Brightspot CMS User Guide.
This topic describes how to share content on Facebook and Twitter; the process is similar for other social networks, such as LinkedIn and Instagram.
To publish a link to an item on a social network:
- In Brightspot, open the item you want to share on Facebook or Twitter.
- If the item is not yet published in Brightspot, publish it using your site's workflow.
Under the item's content edit form, in the Social Publish widget, under New Posts, click the link for the social network (such as Facebook Post or Tweet). A New Posts widget appears.
- From Accounts, select the account or page to which you want to post the content.
- From Publish Date, select the date when you want the item to appear on Facebook or Twitter.
- In the Message field, write a message introducing the content.
- To include a link to your content, toggle on Include Link.
- Click Publish.
Brightspot places the content in a queue for transmission to the social network.
The following image is an example of an article shared on Facebook.
Enabling sharing for content types
Facebook Instant Article